Comments: Post a Comment
 
Friday, September 19, 2003

Kicked out of school at 4 

When I read stories such as this I get really sad.

A Tonbridge toddler has become one of the youngest children in the country to be excluded from school because of his outrageous behaviour.

Four-year-old Paul Holmewood was thrown out of Cage Green Primary School four days after term started for being aggressive to other children and swearing at and threatening teachers.


It is not the school that shocks me. They have to operate the ridiculous 'system' after all. But the mother's comments just make me want to do some harm:

Miss Holmewood, of Audley Avenue, said: "Paul wasn't given a chance. The school was aware he needed constant attention or he would crave it in other ways."

Paul has suffered with ADHD for about two years and is Miss Holmewood's second child to suffer with it.

The 28-year-old said: "Paul is too young to be prescribed Ritalin but if I cope with two children who both suffer from ADHD I cannot see why paid professionals can't."


Now whether ADHD exists as a condition or not I don't know, but I have my suspicions, but what is the liklihood of two children in the same family having it? Then there is the Ritalin statement. This mother seems to regret the fact that her son is too young to be drugged.

I may be wrong but I bet I can tell how these children live, what their house looks like and the mother's parenting skills.

Suffer the children....

Noted at 7:09 PM. |

template © elementopia | image © istockphoto
Who?
Archives
Reading